Back to Bruce Bargaining Updates Back to Strike/Lockout FAQ

What further assistance is available to the bargaining parties after a "no board" gets issued?


If the parties have not reached a settlement in the conciliation stage, the ministry continues to offer the services of a mediator who will confer with the parties and endeavour to effect a collective agreement. This is referred to as the mediation stage, a process by which a third-party attempts to help a trade union and an employer in reaching a collective agreement. Since mediation is discretionary, the service is only used if both parties agree to it.